Brother Printer is one of the popular scanning devices known for its excellent performance and outstanding output quality. Most of the people prefer it for its speed with maximum accuracy. But, without driver installation, you can’t avail this service as the driver plays a crucial role in the printing device. In the case of the MFC-L2740DW printer, you need to download an install that specific driver. However, we are going to discuss the methods on how to perform the download and installation of the Brother Printer Driver without facing any technical problem.
System Required to Install Brother MFC-L2740DW Printer Driver
The compatible devices with the Brother MFC-L2740DW Printer Driver are the latest version of Windows. It supports the Windows 10 (32-Bit), Windows 10 (64-Bit), Windows 8.1 (32-Bit), Windows 8.1 (64-Bit), Windows 8 (32-Bit), Windows 8 (64-Bit), Windows 7 (32-Bit), Windows 7 (64-Bit), Windows Vista (32-Bit), Windows Vista (64-Bit), Windows XP (32-Bit), Windows XP (64-Bit).
So, make sure that your device is compatible with the Brother printer. Otherwise, it fails to connect and you won’t be able to get the desired output from this printing device.
Download and Install Brother Printer Driver – Easy Steps
The Brother Printer Driver download process can be done in two ways. If you are not tech-savvy, then the best way to choose the second method. Otherwise, you can go with the automatic steps to install the MFC-L2740DW Brother Printer Driver simply and quickly.
Process 1: Install MFC-L2740DW Manually
- First, open the PC and connect to the internet via wireless or Ethernet cable.
- Next, connect the Brother Printer MFC-L2740DW with the system model through cables and wires.
- Now, launch the browser window by tapping the browser icon.
- Type the Brother Official website in the address bar and launch the Brother Support page.
- Choose the Operating System from the list of the OS version and remember that the version should same as the device.
- Now, select the language which you are familiar with and the other options might be unchanged.
- Next, go to the Driver section from the same window and click on the Driver which is compatible with your system.
- It will start to download the MFC-L2740DW Printer Driver and check whether you are installing the latest version.
- The download process will take several minutes to complete and you might save the folder on your Windows desktop.
- Now, double-click on the new folder and choose the installation file.
- Run that downloaded file and wait until it is successfully installed.
- When done, click the Finish button and close the window. Now, turn on the printer and check whether it is capable to print successfully or not.
Process 2: Via Printer Wizard
- Launch the browser window and open the Brother Support page by typing the Brother support URL.
- Now, click on the Add Printer Wizard Driver from the same window and download the latest driver version properly.
- Next, extract the .ZIP file by tapping on the ZIP Self Decompression file.
- Click on the browse button from the ZIP Decompression window and locate the correct path where you have stored the downloaded file.
- After selecting the path, click on the Decompress (X) button and wait until it is finished.
- When done, click on the OK button.
- Now, create a connection interface between the machine and the printer. So, type “control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Next, go to the Hardware and Sound section and select the View Devices and Printers from the list of installed hardware devices.
- Click Add a Printer by expanding the option and it will search automatically to find out the printer name connected to the device.
- Choose the Printer Driver MFC-L2740DW from the list of the available devices and click on the save button to confirm the Brother scanner name.
- Then, set the Brother Printer driver as the default printer by placing a checkmark on that specific option and click the Next button.
- Choose a Printer Sharing option from the next window and click on the Next button.
- Now, you can test the Brother Printer by testing the Printer option and click the Finish button to close the window.
- It will take a couple of minutes to install the MFC-L2740DW Printer Driver for Windows and once done, try to scan to verify whether it is fine or not.
Upgrade Printer Driver in Windows
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and hit the Enter button from the keyboard.
- In the Device Manager window, you can see a list of hardware devices which are already installed on your system.
- Choose the Devices and Printers icon from that window and expand it.
- Here, you can see the Printer name which is attached to your PC. in the case of the multiple scanners, you can see a list of the printers which you are using. However, select the Brother Printer Driver among the list of the scanning devices.
- Right-click on the driver name and choose the option Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- Now, you are asked to confirm the driver upgrade process by showing a dialog box on the screen.
- Tap the YES button and confirm it to start the Printer Driver update process manually.
- The update process will take a few minutes to complete and when done, it will show the successful message regarding the upgrade.
- Now, close the update window by tapping the Finish button and reboot the device to check whether the Brother printer is working properly or not.
Update the MFC-L2740DW Firmware
- Download the Brother Printer Firmware from the Brother Printer Official website with the latest version.
- Now, click on the Start button and choose All Apps from the Start menu and choose the Firmware Software icon.
- Click on that Update Software and launch the Brother Printer Update Firmware window.
- Click on the Machine Update icon from the appeared screen and choose the Brother Printer Driver (i.e., MFC-L2740DW) from the list of printers.
- Now, connect your device to the printer via USB cable and make sure that the message, “The machine is connected correctly” is displayed on the screen.
- Click the OK button and choose the appropriate language from the next window and click on the Firmware Update checkbox.
- Next, tap on the Transfer button and make sure that you have selected the correct firmware file for updating purpose.
- Finally, click on the checkbox of the Firmware file and click the Start button to perform the firmware update process.
- It will take a few minutes to complete and once done, it will show you the message, “Firmware Update is Successful”. Reboot the PC and restart the Brother printer to check whether any problem occurs or not.
The Bottom Line
In the above content, we have defined the process on how to download or update MFC-L2740DW Printer Driver for Windows with technical steps. Moreover, we have also analyzed the method to upgrade the Printer firmware. So, you can scan multiple hard copies without any technical hassle through this Brother printer and enhance the printer performance efficiently.
Here you get the Support related your brother printer so contact to brother printer support number which is available for you 24 hours.